DID YOU KNOW?
A number of Nigerian students from rural areas and/or schools without a good infrastructure end up forfeiting the JAMB examination because they cannot use a computer hence, missing out on the chance to gain a higher education.
What if no child has to sit out or fail a computer based exam simply because they cannot use a computer?
Computers have dominated the 21st century and in order for us to live in an inclusive society that focuses on methods of alleviating poverty and bettering the lives of people, computers become an absolute necessity.
In fact, we can say that KodeKamp is a computer club that regularly meets and introduces young people to the software world, by teaching them how they can write and run programs.
The aim of this initiative is to introduce young boys and girls to technology at a very young age. The world is growing rapidly, technology is at the forefront of every developing country. This technological revolution happening across the world is moving at a pace that is too fast for a developing third world country and we find our young people left behind in the global competitive market.
Our present formal educational system does not leave much room for young people to explore their creativity and take charge of their learning.
We encourage all of our participants to decide what they learn by allowing them to explore their creative instinct in a safe and social environment.
At KodeKamp we want to use technology to change if not the world, but the lives of the Nigerian child. No one should live in destitution if there are free means of living a better life. i.e Education. We believe education will change the world.
What we offer:
- MAKEY MAKEY
What we do:
- Free coding lessons for young people between the ages of 7-17.
- Free introduction to computer lessons for young people in impoverished communities.
- KodeKamp is committed to community development and creative expression.
- KoKamp believes in boosting the confidence of children.
- KodeKamp is committed to technological discovery and children’s ability to utilize technologies to creatively express themselves.
- KodeKamp exists to allow 3rd world children an opportunity to build for themselves, to decide who they will become.